Russian timber industry news #4-2016
- MDF capacity at the Asino timber industry park (Tomsk region) is ready to launch. Total investments into the project will exceed RUR 32 billion, out of which RUR 20 billion are already invested.
- Segezha Group holding launches a plant for the production of sack paper, used in packaging for construction mixes and food bags, in Salsk, Rostov region, with capacity of 200 million sacks per year.
- The representatives of Zavod MDF LLC (Mortka community, Khanty-Mansiysk) have signed a one-year contract worth $5 million with an Iranian company Tabiat Sabz Moghan for the supply of medium density fibreboard.
- Having launched a woodworking factory in Tatarstan in 2014, Kastamonu Entegre exported 3.5 million m2 of laminate flooring to Europe and Asia out of the total 12 million m2 produced at the mill.
- Bellesbumprom holding appealed to the Council of Ministers of Belarus with the initiative on temporary ban on the exports of wastepaper. Such a measure acts in Kazakhstan, and in December 2015, the ban was set in Russia. The annual demand for wastepaper in Belarus is estimated at 320,000 t.
More detailed news of the Russian timber industry and review of global market trends of roundwood, lumber, wood panels and pellets; exclusive articles and interviews; over 25 pages of price charts are available in our digital Russian Timber Journal.